Characterization

When I write, I think I tend to have a bad habit of developing a character's backstory. I think I'm pretty thorough once they are introduced to the story and then during the story, but what they've done before is sometimes lacking. I do think sometimes I've written stories in which the characters backstory is either not relevant or is intentionally ambiguous, but I'd like to get away from that a little.

I think that creating a "likable" is to create a character that the reader will relate to on some level. People like to put themselves in the stories they read and when they see a small piece of themselves in the character they're reading about, they'll be drawn to that character.

My favorite thing about creating characters is taking traits and characteristics I've seen in real people and mixing and matching them to create new hybrid characters that suit the story that I need them for, but since they're based on things I've observed, they're based in reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulism

Developing A Character