Developing A Character

Dear Diary,

I'm tired of getting pushed around. I'm tired of people taking advantage of me. I've been pigeonholed as a nice guy, but that's beginning to be used against me. Without even talking to me first, people just use my stuff without hesitation. All they think is, "Oh, it's just Jerry's, he won't care." Thing is, I do care. I feel like I'm being pushed around, by everyone constantly. But I let them. That's the problem. I need to be more assertive. Let people know what I think and why I think it. It'll may rub people the wrong way, but eventually they'll get used to the new Jerry.

I think in some previous exercises I had touched on the idea of Jerry being a little bit of a pushover, so I thought that it would be interesting to latch onto that as a character flaw. I think it's interesting to have a character who knows what one of their flaws is and wants to address it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Characterization

Fabulism