Workshop Reflection

I feel as thought the first person point of view is one of the strongest aspects of my draft. It lets the reader into the mind of the main character and I think it's effective and serves its purpose well. I do feel like the draft is a little short, however I can't figure out what might be missing and I hesitate to add too much too it and over-saturate the narrative. This is something I'd like to see addressed in the workshop. The story is about a guy who works in a corporate human resources department who goes about his daily duties which involve firing, or perhaps a better way of saying it is "terminating," employees. One of the challenges in writing this was using a first person point of view. I commonly use first person in my creative non-fiction work, but not all that much in my fiction work.

In Workshop 2, I hope to make my critiques clearer and easier for the author to understand and then implement changes. I also hope to learn from my critiques to help further my own writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Characterization

Fabulism

Developing A Character